Thursday, January 14, 2010

We Are

Empty Plates Mean Full Stomach



Lettuce (that's me!) and Sunrise (my other half) are certified active food enthusiasts. From the time we first met, we have this nagging urge to satisfy not only our hunger but our palate as well. A "cowboy" and a "cowgirl", we eat from the messy sidewalk mamihan to buffets of five-star hotels. Also, we are two of the many people who are already brainwashed by all the cooking shows aired on TV.



Empty plates mean full stomachs for us. We make sure everything we put in our plates are fully consumed (sometimes Sunrise does it for me). Why? Didn't our moms always tell us to finish everything in our plates because there are people who are starving but have nothing to eat? (Madaming nagugutom sa mundo!) I know this line sometimes get an answer like, "Why, will they get full if I ate all that?" (Mabubusog ba sila kung kakainin ko lahat yan?) While eating at Jolibee and Mcdo near the U-belt, I heard this topic being talked about by some rich kids. A girl said, "If I don't have tira, anong kakainin ng mga basurero? Baka madisappoint sila?" Then, cries of laughter were received by the "concerned" girl. Good thing, Sunrise was not with me that day, or else those kids will get a most needed sermon. Well I guess this is enough to tell you how we get the name "Empty Plates"

We primarily created this blog to share to the world our own and firsthand experiences in dining in various places that offers food. There are fabulous reviews and some comments for improvement. Well, there's always some room for it, right? While we are indulging in our privilege of "e-freedom of speech" this blog does not have any intent in bad mouthing anyone, okay? (My informal way of placing a disclaimer)
Establishments that get remarkable reviews will automatically be included in our HALL OF FAME. 

Sunrise and I have separate entries so as to give you two different perspectives about our dining escapades. That’s the Lettuce Says and Sunrise Says part. Just like this:


Sunrise Says,
Weeks before this blog were conceptualized by my ever loving Lettuce, I saw the 2009 Digital Filipino Awardees for food blog, it was named, PATAY GUTOM. I told lettuce about this, but never in my mind that we would start blogging about food.

I was before incredulous about people eating in places where the food is too extravagant and expensive. I would think of Gluttony, Envy, Boastfulness and every negative word a skeptic person could think of. I would say, "Why would I buy a venti cup of frappucino worth more than a hundred pesos, when that money would mean a day's meal for a less fortunate family?" Is this, the STARBUCKS EXPERIENCE the Book - is saying? But, everything has changed when I met Lettuce. I was introduced to the world where - "what you earn is what you get, but with a plus."

To explain, it is never bad for you to enjoy life to its fullest. God created the world for us, eat everything that was meant for you to eat but not the forbidden fruit - not the sin. Avoid being greedy, glutton and boastful. But share the experience, joy and love which God gave us in everything He gives us. Given all that, we did start with an Empty Plate, and we need to make sure we emptied it again, that He would bless us with more, to fill not only our plates, but others' as well.

SHARE and DON'T TASTE to WASTE.


Lettuce Says,

I'd like to hear some comments from you. I know you have similar or perhaps exciting and interesting dining experience to share.
I also hope those establishments that we had their Plates Emptied will take time to read our reviews and have an open mind. We are also open to food tasting events if you want to hear what our palate and stomach says about your food and place. We could also be your online or buddy blog friends.

That’s all. Happy reading and puhleez, empty your plates!

follow and like us:
Follow us on instagram @engrlettucehttps://www.facebook.com/MyEmptyPlatesTwitter
 
*All articles and photos posted are owned by LettuceandSunrise and should not be copied and/or used without prior written authorization from us. You can always SHARE our posts with the applicable trackback by putting the corresponding links. We will also do this ethical act for other people's posts, websites, and photos that we want to share on this blog. This is a personal blog. Like a diary or journal, all the views, insights, and opinions written here are solely based on our own point of views and belong to ours alone and not of the companies we are part of. Information may not be accurate and may only be applicable at the exact time and situation we experienced it. We will not liable for any errors in this information or any losses or damages arising from its display or use.