Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Sofitel's Rainy Sunset Buffet

Snapshots of Last Year Series

Lettuce Says,

While I was checking my emails, I saw a promo voucher for the same Sunset Buffet deal I purchased last year from Cash Cash Pinoy.  And so, I rummaged through old piles of photos and thought of sharing it with you.




Segway. Before that, I scored a separate deal from Philippe Tordjman Le Salon in Sofitel for a Haircut and Keratin Treatment for only PhP999 instead of PhP5500. 


Before
After
I was really expecting a VIP treatment (as also stated in the deal) thinking of a 5k worth of treatment! Sad thing was, I felt the treatment was really worth the promo price (or maybe lesser). It was a junior stylist who trimmed my hair, who didn't offer any drinks or magazines and just put some hot oil like every other salon will do but for a cheaper price of course. Nothing spectacular, really no VIP sign whatsoever. Philippe was there, I thought he'll be the one to cut my hair but no such luck, what can you expect it still was a promo rate. These things made me feel bad about buying from these online group buying sites, a lot of them (but not all of course), just made a lot of false advertising, just flowery words and all. Still, I'm a GV girl, so smile!
 
Sadly, this is also what I felt from the Sofitel's Sunset buffet. Based on the quality of ingredients used, I feel Marriot was more superior than this.

I bought two vouchers for Sunrise and I because I want to surprise him for our 4th year anniv as bf-gf and because I know that he is dying to try out Sofitel's buffet. Although it's not for Spiral Buffet, I said, what the heck they share the same kitchen and chef so they might just taste the same. The deal back then is PhP999 per person quite a great deal because Spiral's rate then is PhP2700++ net. Now, the Sunset BBQ Buffet is PhP1399 instead of PhP2078 (whew! much heavier now on the pockets).
Table Setup

 Yeah, you get it right, sunset buffet inside a tent. Well, it rained and its nobody's fault. But I'm kinda expecting a tent with maybe some actual view of the bay. The different folk dances were great, though.

 
Spinach Soup and Assorted Bread
The star of the night, need I say more?
Lechon

Prime Rib



Grilled Shrimp and Mussels
 The grilled shrimp and the rest of the entrees (around 6 variants),totally forgettable. See, I actually forgot to take some photos.

Green Salad
It's weird, seeing there are more dressing variants than the leafy greens.

Oysters
Pasta Spread

Assorted Pastries

DIY Halo Halo
With all that's been said and eaten, we're still looking forward to a more satisfying buffet, we certainly hope that it is, Spiral's.


Spiral, hope we'll empty your plates soon.

For those who has redeemed their vouchers, please share with us your firsthand dining experience.
 
Sept 2011 
Sunset BBQ Buffet


*All articles and photos posted are owned by LettuceandSunrise and should not be copied and/or used without prior written authorization from us. You can always SHARE our posts with the applicable trackback by putting the corresponding links. We will also do this ethical act for other people's posts, websites, and photos that we want to share on this blog. This is a personal blog. Like a diary or journal, all the views, insights, and opinions written here are solely based on our own point of views and belong to ours alone and not of the companies we are part of. Information may not be accurate and may only be applicable at the exact time and situation we experienced it. We will not liable for any errors in this information or any losses or damages arising from its display or use.
  
Follow and Like us:
Follow us on instagram @engrlettucehttps://www.facebook.com/MyEmptyPlatesTwitter

3 comments:

  1. Haven't scored any deals from a group buying site. And your observation's prolly true. I can imagine companies scrimping a bit since the product/service is discounted. But this ain't doing customer satisfaction any good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lettuce Says,
      That's why we commend those establishments who give quality food and service that will make people to come back even without a promo voucher. Thanks for dropping by, Gay! :)

      Delete
  2. Buffets offer a more affordable way to dine out, but most buffets offer the same things as all the others, with very little variety or quality.

    Chicago Buffet

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts with Lettuce and Sunrise of My Empty Plates