Saturday, March 16, 2013

Craving Waffles in Caffe Ti-Amo

Lettuce's Thousand Cravings Series

Lettuce Says,


For some people who truly know me, I am the girl who has different and sudden cravings every other day. I would always repeatedly mention the food that I was craving for until I got to eat it. The longest one I had was for two weeks. I would tell everybody around me that caramel popcorn would make me happy. But not an ordinary popcorn would do. I was craving for Chicago Popcorn in Cheese and Caramel Mix. Yes a tinful of those yummilicious "sosyal" and expensive popcorn. I resisted myself to buy one from Greenbelt because it's PhP300++. I finally gave in because I was irritated already with myself. LOL Hehehe

After I've read Richie's blog post about IHOP, I have been craving for pancakes and waffles. BGC was way too far for a commuting working Makati-based sans Binan, Laguna citizen like me, unless we purposely go there. What's keeping Sunrise and I from going there was the unthinkable long queue of hungry people. I gave up on J. Co Donuts a long time ago.

So, after a hard day's work, I trooped to Greenbelt in search for an answer to my pancake cravings.

I passed by one of my fave stores in Gb5, Mango, and just across it, is this cool italian gelato and coffee shop, Caffe Ti-Amo, Italian Gelato & Coffee.



Caffe Ti-Amo is a sister/brother cafe of Cafe France, which is owned by the Jollibee Foods group.

I have to give it to them for getting a great location for their cafe. Caffe Ti-Amo is located at the boundary of Gb1 and Gb5, getting a chunk of the  middle and upper class shoppers. It is the perfect place for leaving our dads to have their coffee and our kids to tame them with gelatos, while we, the girlaloos, shop and relax.


 What lured me in was their poster for a Waffle Gelato, a perfect solution to my pancake craving! The staff were all smiles and patiently explained the different combinations of gelato that I can try with the waffle. Another good thing was you can sample their gelatos  before deciding on what flavors you will get.





My Plate



A Closer Look


Waffle Gelato
Golden Waffle topped with Gelato and Fresh Fruits Regulare (PhP 189)

When you order a regular size, you will get 2 pieces of waffle with 2 scoops of ice cream and a few slices of peach and kiwi, sided with whipped cream and drizzled with chocolate syrup.



Unfortunately for my craving palate, I was not that happy with the quality of the waffle. The outer covering was too hard and the inside was not soft but more on the chewy kind. Good thing, the gelatos were sweet and creamy.



The girl behind the counter had recommended for a hot coffee to go along with my Waffle Gelato. I got the Cafe Americano with hot milk. The coffee has the right strength and attitude that I instantly loved at first sip. The clear cup allowed me to enjoy the coffee more. 

It's a sad thing that my cravings for waffles that time has not been satisfied, but the good thing was, I got to try a great cup of coffee  served by friendly faces.

I think I'll bring Sunrise here to try one of their bestsellers, Affogato, a tiramisu gelato drowned in espresso. Hmmm, got you curious as well? Let's try it then, next time! :)

For you IHOP, you'll have our next time as well! (PANCAKES!!!! repeat nth times until fulfilled)


February 2013
Caffe Ti-Amo
Greenbelt 5
 
*All articles and photos posted are owned by LettuceandSunrise and should not be copied and/or used without prior written authorization from us. You can always SHARE our posts with the applicable trackback by putting the corresponding links. We will also do this ethical act for other people's posts, websites, and photos that we want to share on this blog. This is a personal blog. Like a diary or journal, all the views, insights, and opinions written here are solely based on our own point of views and belong to ours alone and not of the companies we are part of. Information may not be accurate and may only be applicable at the exact time and situation we experienced it. We will not liable for any errors in this information or any losses or damages arising from its display or use.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with Lettuce and Sunrise of My Empty Plates