Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Lettuce Goes on a Diet and on a Food Trip

Lettuce Goes on a Diet Week 2 and 3

Lettuce Says,

End of Week 1 Weigh In: 68 kg

No more detailed meal by meal account, guys. Why? Because at the start of Week 2, I was starting to get depressed. I felt though I was soo deprived and malnourished while I was working my ass off at the office. But still, I continued with my diet from last week, see Lettuce Goes on a Diet Week 1, for a couple of days more.

My colleagues (the other biggest loser contenders) and I decided to eat something fresh and nice for lunch, so we visited our executive lounge within our office building.

Pumpkin Soup
Pumpkin Soup
Creamy pumpkin soup filled my grumbling stomach.

Pomelo Salad
Pomelo Salad
For the first time, I was craving for some greens, the gourmet pomelo salad was really refreshing and unique. Tossed lettuce, tomatoes and pomelo with salted egg and raspberry dressing was soo good I emptied my plate! Too bad here in the Philippines, healthy food is really expensive and hard to find in fast foods and foodcourts. 

To cap our meal, our group ordered 2 desserts which we split into five.


I got to eat the cheesecake only and it was soo good, I fell off my chair. The red velvet cake got nothing special on it.

All in all, the lunch was well worth its peso value. I felt really full until dinner time.

Here's a quick rundown and snapshots of my meals and side food trips during Week 2 and 3:

Lettuce's Usual Brekkie:


Kellogg's Twinkies afloat Cowhead Lite
Fitnesse Fruit and Nut Cereals with Cowhead Lite
Quaker Oat with Nescafe Cappuccino
Walter's Wheat Bread with Spam and Nesvita

For lunch I usually eat these:


Adobo with Potato Marbles
Fried Bangus with Mango
Wheat Bread and Ginisang Toge
Chicken and Ginataang Langka

Dinner time, with these:


Tilapia with Ginataang Gulay
Pinakbet
Bean Sprouts with Baby Corn
Beef Noodles from Chowking


Pork Nilaga cooked by Sunrise to soothe my depressions (sweet right? but fattening. hehe) ;)


Yes, I was this bad, although I didn't went beyond my 1200cal per day (with the right portioning), my sodium and sugar intake was way way high.
Well, how could you resist if on your way home, you pass by a lot of people buying barbeque and isaw!


This is located near Campos Rueda Building along Urban Avenue, San Lorenzo, Makati City

Pancit ng taga Malabon
Pancit ng taga Malabon
Being trapped in landmark foodcourt with a grumbling stomach, I gave in to my craving for pancit malabon, and holy pancit! my tastebuds and stomach were singing with joy. I've eaten this about a thousand times already, but this particular night, it was like the first time again. Yes, being on a low cal diet somehow resets and clears my palate. Every bite and morsel tasted great! I got to appreciate the simple dishes, one bite at a time, sometimes with my eyes closed. See? This post is not depressing althroughout!

Foodie Snacks: 


Patricia's Pizza from Cash and Carry Makati, Affordable Pizza on The Go

This is the embodiment of a healthy snack:

Pinkberry
Pinkberry
Freshly whirled peach yogurt with all natural fruit toppings of strawberry and blueberries!
I'll post a separate entry for these two :)

I cried by the middle of week 3, (seriously?) yes this was serious! I went to a somewhat hormonal fit of anger that made Sunrise really mad, so he made sure that from then on I eat a proper meal. He always packed some boiled eggs for my baon. I turned my back to logging my calories and started eating either fish or chicken during lunch and dinner as shown above. Made me happy of sorts but made me sick at the sight or smell of chicken.

Week 3 ended with a weekend Pansol getaway with Sunrise's relatives. His titas and titos were superb cooks, so I gave in to a cheat weekend. Imagine this, I ate a lot of inihaw na liempo, binagoongang baboy, and pork ribs caldereta without rice. 


I also had a few and then some cheat bites of chocolates.


End of Week 2 and Week3 Weigh In: 68 kg,
#ayannangabasinasabiko, yes I somehow plateaud (if that's the right term and tense :) ), well that was expected but this made me really depressed but nonetheless eager to win this challenge!!!

One big feat: NO RICE from start

Letz go sago! (*ooops sudden craving of sago gulaman aargh!)

So, what do you think guys? Will I win the Biggest Loser at the office? Stay tuned for my last post for Lettuce Goes on a Diet! ;)

Share your emptyplates now! Hashtag #myemptyplates peeps.

January 2nd and 3rd week 2014
Lettuce Goes on A Diet
Normal Working Days, Makati City, Philippines
PhP 0-200 per day (tipid diba? :) )


*All articles and photos posted are owned by LettuceandSunrise and should not be copied and/or used without prior written authorization from us. You can always SHARE our posts with the applicable trackback by putting the corresponding links. We will also do this ethical act for other people's posts, websites, and photos that we want to share on this blog. This is a personal blog. Like a diary or journal, all the views, insights, and opinions written here are solely based on our own point of views and belong to ours alone and not of the companies we are part of. Information may not be accurate and may only be applicable at the exact time and situation we experienced it. We will not liable for any errors in this information or any losses or damages arising from its display or use.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with Lettuce and Sunrise of My Empty Plates