Monday, May 13, 2013

Time Stood Still...Vanilla Cupcake Bakery

Lettuce Says,

Time stood still... (A Thousand Years, one of our wedding songs)

Time stood still ... as I took a big bite of a Red Velvet cupcake.

Red Velvet Cupcake
Downright Yummy
The start of this year, right after we got married, Sunrise and I's life became a whirlwind  of  events, projects, business start-ups, promotions, things to do, things to think about, people to care for, people to tolerate.  As a summary, chunks and slices of both challenges and successes.  As I sat here, a sip of freshly brewed coffee for me, and Sunrise's battle with the Candy Crush (as I write this blog entry, he's still concentrating on that fudging game...), I came to recap these events in my mind with the fast forward button pressed.

Cupcakes here in Vanilla Cupcake Bakery seemed to have  this melancholic effect in me. With their big pastel colored curtains, floral chairs, and pink fridge, I became a small girl in a big Barbie house with freshly baked aromas surrounding me. I'd love to bring our niece, Sofia here. I can imagine how her big brown eyes will widen at the sight of this.
We always pass by this quaint cupcakery in Glorietta. But as soon as I told Sunrise how much each cupcake costs, he quickens our pace. Hehehe


Homey Ambiance

Trinkets here and there.

After a week of eating riceless meals, Sunrise took pity on me and had me eat a boodle feast from Seafood Island, just to fulfill my cravings for a steamed crabby. Then I was feeling all bloated and coffee was the missing element in my body that time.

Cupcakes!!!

More Cupcakes!
I can say that the place is always packed whenever we pass it by on our way to the customer lounge. It's carinderia-waiting style, meaning there are customers waiting by your side who impatiently wait and hope that you eat quickly and leave so they can take your table. :) Good thing we were located deep inside the bakery, Sunrise was able to nap. 

Their best seller is the Red Velvet cupcake, which I thought was burnt because of its brownish reddish color. But surprisingly, the cake was moist and the combination of cream on top sent me to heaven for a few yummy seconds.

Our Quaint Corner

Favorite Red Velvet Cupcake

Banoffee Jar

Cute Coffee

Sunrise, I like for our home!
For Sunrise, I ordered Banofee Pie on a Jar. He said he's missing the hard crust of Banapple's, which I do not eat and always set aside for him, so that small jar made me happy. I love the concept of small jars for pastries and as drinking glasses. I was not happy with their coffee, though. The serving size was really small which I only finished in 3  gulps, seriously, no matter how cute the cup and saucer was. Their iced teas were also only 3 gulps in volume.

Like Cupcakes by Sonja, they pour in quality ingredients that may justify the expensive prices. Although, for working people like us who came from humble beginnings, this is already on our splurge-slash-guilty column of our budget worksheet. But once in a while, maybe, I can drag Sunrise here again (as long as I can occupy him with the 335 levels of Candy Crush). :)

I know some of you always took a look in Vanilla Cupcake Bakery's way, in life, you may splurge a little, live a little. Your hard work always deserves a sweet treat. Let me know if time stood still for you. Happy Cupcaking!

Till next time!
April 2013
Vanilla Cupcake Bakery
Alabang Town Center
PhP 190 per person

*All articles and photos posted are owned by LettuceandSunrise and should not be copied and/or used without prior written authorization from us. You can always SHARE our posts with the applicable trackback by putting the corresponding links. We will also do this ethical act for other people's posts, websites, and photos that we want to share on this blog. This is a personal blog. Like a diary or journal, all the views, insights, and opinions written here are solely based on our own point of views and belong to ours alone and not of the companies we are part of. Information may not be accurate and may only be applicable at the exact time and situation we experienced it. We will not liable for any errors in this information or any losses or damages arising from its display or use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with Lettuce and Sunrise of My Empty Plates