Monday, February 1, 2010

Meister’s by Almon Marina @ Glorietta Food Choices

Dec2009
Lettuce Says,

After the Tosh incident, I hurriedly went to Ayala to soothe my grumbling stomach. I bought this 12 inch submarine sandwich with smoked ham at Meisters. I ate half of it and saved the other half for my other half. Hahaha. I paired this with mango-kiwi shake from Fruit Magic.

Smoked Ham Submarine Sandwich (showing half) (P110)
Fruit Shake (P80)

Smoked ham, very delicious with the freshest lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, pickles, and dressed with mayo and mustard. Perfect, except for the bread. This is wrinkled and comparable to the bread used in foot long stands around the common neighborhood.


Sunrise Says,

I have always been a sandwich lover. 


Guess what I bought with my first pay from my first job? Yes, I bought myself one good jumbo hotdog sandwich from 7 Eleven.  We would not go further with that because we would definitely feature that sandwich soon.

Imagine yourself singing an old song as your LSS (last song syndrome) while being served with good food on your table. They said LSS is a result of a present emotion after a certain situation. Well, if that is how it is defined, I definitely sang YELLOW SUBMARINE of THE BEATLES after I ate this submarine sandwich. But I only know one line of the song … and it goes, “We all live in a yellow submarine, yellow submarine, yellow submarine.” Anyone care to share the lyrics? Yellow? Hmm, it was colorful in its own way.

I call this a wonderful sub-sandwich, it was a submarine sandwich made by fine selection of ingredients. I only had part of it, but the taste was enough to satisfy my palate. The smoked ham was perfectly paired with vegetables and was not overwhelming in taste. I think the vegetables were fresh when the sandwich was prepared, and it was still fresh when I ate it. 

The dressing was fine, but if I was to choose, it would be dripping with mustard and mayo, also Thousand Island dressing would complement this. I do agree though with Lettuce that the bread was too wrinkly, like those at the street stands. 

My half of the sub-sandwich was divided into four because I shared some to my niece and nephew. The fourth share was not able to reach any other mouth but mine. My share was too small for my hungry belly then.


*All articles and photos posted are owned by LettuceandSunrise and should not be copied and/or used without prior written authorization from us. You can always SHARE our posts with the applicable trackback by putting the corresponding links. We will also do this ethical act for other people's posts, websites, and photos that we want to share on this blog. This is a personal blog. Like a diary or journal, all the views, insights, and opinions written here are solely based on our own point of views and belong to ours alone and not of the companies we are part of. Information may not be accurate and may only be applicable at the exact time and situation we experienced it. We will not liable for any errors in this information or any losses or damages arising from its display or use.

Follow and Like us:
Follow us on instagram @engrlettucehttps://www.facebook.com/MyEmptyPlatesTwitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with Lettuce and Sunrise of My Empty Plates