Sunday, January 24, 2010

Don Henrico’s @ Festival Mall

Hall of Famer – Pizza Haven
Dec09

Lettuce Says,
Sunrise and I went to Festival Mall Alabang for some last minute Christmas shopping rush. And after much walking, searching and thankfully ended up buying all gifts for our loved ones, our aching feet led us to Don Henrico’s.




Don Henrico’s 10 inch Supreme Pizza (P280)
Clap clap clap! I’ve found the perfect pizza! (so far, for me)
Stringy mozzarella – check
Fresh Veggies – check check check (everything tasted fresh even the olives!)
Meaty Goodness – check
Crust – big check!
Why big check for the crust? I’m not really into crusts of pizza because it’s really just bread for me, but this is just the right crust that I love!


Baked Ziti in Three Cheeses (P280)

We ordered baked ziti in share serving and here we go again, just like with the Angus Pizza of Sbarro, this is heavy! The pasta was baked to perfection with beef and mushroom. The mozzarella is still stringy (messy but fun!) when I ate it. I hope they would have potpourri herbs too in the future. The fresh garlic bread is so yummy as well.




Oven Baked Ribs with Fries and Buttered Corn and Carrots (P195)
We know that Don Henrico’s is known for their pizza and pasta, so it’s a gamble for us to have tried this. The meat is too dry, stringy, and bland for me but the barbeque sauce is an instant hit.
We are so wickedly full by finding another Hall of Famer and found ourselves eating half of the pizza when we got home and still saying ahh uhmm yumyum...

Sunrise Says,
When the plate of baked ziti arrived at our table I was already hungry, but the eyes always eats first.  I was looking for some color, yet it was served plain and straightforward that the chopped green basils are noticeably few. It was overwhelming in meat and mushroom though, and for a fact that I love cheese, it was already a feast for me. I kept on craving for more herbs to add flavor to it, but O.K., they served it with good garlic bread. It’s a heavy meal.


A common Filipino would order a cup of rice with an entrée but good thing I did not order one for this Oven Baked Ribs with Fries and Buttered Corn and Carrots. It was too bland and dry, but it was cooked well that you can easily cut through the stringy fibers of meat. I mean, how could I think of rice on this entry, it really won’t match at all! ;)
I know that you should always give options to your customers.  I know that because I have worked in a customer oriented environment, and if I was given that option on how this entrée should have been cooked, I would have it cooked with that sauce that was paired with it. It was a nice, flavorful sauce, which they can really boast of. Anyway, as for standards sake, maybe it was really meant to be served that way.
Hail to the fries and buttered corn and carrot! I hope they serve more, as a side. We’ll it was just a siding, but still, I hope they served more.



There are only few pizza makers in the Philippines that I know that serve excellent pizzas. Well, this one, is just exceptional! The flavor was like a mixed, cultured way of representing the Filipino-Italian taste.

It was like home baked straight from your mom’s oven, prepared with love and gusto. The vegetables were fresh and chunks of meat and mushroom were grand. Luckily, more cheesy surprise for me! On this pizza, complementing the crunchy texture of its crust, was that the tomato sauce and stringy mozzarella. Wow, pizza to perfection!  …and it was still perfect when we ate the leftovers at home.


Verdict - Hall of Famer – Pizza Haven


*All articles and photos posted are owned by LettuceandSunrise and should not be copied and/or used without prior written authorization from us. You can always SHARE our posts with the applicable trackback by putting the corresponding links. We will also do this ethical act for other people's posts, websites, and photos that we want to share on this blog. This is a personal blog. Like a diary or journal, all the views, insights, and opinions written here are solely based on our own point of views and belong to ours alone and not of the companies we are part of. Information may not be accurate and may only be applicable at the exact time and situation we experienced it. We will not liable for any errors in this information or any losses or damages arising from its display or use.

Follow and Like us:
Follow us on instagram @engrlettucehttps://www.facebook.com/MyEmptyPlatesTwitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with Lettuce and Sunrise of My Empty Plates